Swanson operates www.swansoneurope.com website (the “Service” or the “Site”).
1. What Data Do We Collect
The information we collect through the Site falls into two categories:
(1) Information you voluntarily provide to us on the Site.
(2) Information gathered via automated means as you navigate through the Site.
Information Voluntarily Provided by You:
In the course of using this Site, you may choose to provide us with information to help us serve your needs. For example, you may complete a submission with your name, e-mail address, telephone number, street address, and/or any other information you voluntarily enter in order to ask us a question, request information or make an order.
Information Collected by Automated Means:
You can refuse to accept and delete cookies by adjusting your browser setting. Please note that refusing or deleting cookies may impact your browsing experience on the Site, or prevent you from using some of its services, and it may result in the deletion of any preferences you have set. For more information on how to reject or delete cookies, you should consult with your browser's or device’s help documentation. The Company does not use technology that recognizes do-not-track signals from your browser. You can also opt out of Internet based advertising by installing a browser plugin from the third party where available.
In addition, in the course of seeking network security and consistent service for all users, software programs may be employed to monitor network traffic, identify unauthorized access or access to nonpublic information, detect computer viruses and other software that might damage our computers or the network, and monitor and fine-tune our network’s performance. These programs may detect additional information from your computer such as your IP address, addresses from network packets, and other technical information. Any such information is used only for the purpose of maintaining the security and performance of the computer systems.
We may combine the information you provide us and information we automatically collected with information from public or third-party sources.
2. Use of Personal Data
As a matter of principle, personal data provided by you are processed and used by us exclusively for the purposes specified. These include, in particular:
(1) Provision, improvement and support of our online services: This includes data analyses, the identification of usage trends, as well as calculations and statistics on user access patterns.
(2) Marketing: Your personal data will only be used for marketing purposes, such as surveys, raffles or other advertising campaigns, if you have agreed to such uses. In this case, your data will be stored for the duration of […months/years after …], unless longer storage is legally permissible for other reasons. Your consent to use your personal data for marketing purposes can be withdrawn at any time.
(3) Mailing of the Newsletter: If you fill in the web form to register for our Newsletter, we exclusively use the data provided by you to verify that you are the owner of the email address indicated and wish to receive the Newsletter, to compile a mailing list, and to analyze the usage of our Newsletter. In this case, your data will be stored for the duration of […months/years] after termination of subscription, unless longer storage is legally permissible for other reasons. Your data will only be used by us for further purposes, if you have agreed to such uses.
(4) Execution and administration of contracts: For the execution of incoming orders (especially orders for products) we use the services of third parties to whom we transmit your data exclusively for the purpose of executing your order. In connection with such transactions, you may be contacted within the framework of customer satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes. If you ask us not to use your data for further contacts, we will certainly respect your wish.
3. Transfer of Data
Affiliates: To enable them to provide services to you and to enable them to contact you regarding additional products and services that you have expressed an interest in.
Agents and Service Providers: We sometimes contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services for us or on our behalf, such as hosting this Site, sending e-mail messages, and making phone calls. They may have access to personal information, such as email addresses, needed to perform their functions, but are contractually restricted from using such personal information for purposes other than providing services on our behalf.
Legal Matters: The Company may preserve, and has the right to disclose any information about you or your use of this Site without your prior permission if the Company has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of the Company or its affiliates, other users of this Site, or the public; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that apply to use of this Site; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to claims of suspected or actual illegal activity; (e) respond to an audit or investigate a complaint or security threat; or (f) comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental requests.
4. How We Protect Your Information
Swanson employs a large variety of data security measures to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information. However, given the nature of the Internet, we wish to draw your attention to the fact that there may be security gaps in data transmission via the Internet (e.g. communication by email) and that complete protection of data from access by third parties is not possible.
5. How Long Do We Keep Your Information
We will not retain personal data for longer than is necessary. How long is appropriate will depend on the type of data and the use to which it has been put. In general, we retain information for not less than 5 years to comply with local tax reporting and employment regulations and good business practice. Our legal department may direct that information be retained for a longer period of time in the event of a litigation hold or as deemed necessary to protect our interests or as otherwise required by law.
6. Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Swanson aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Swanson relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. The Data Protection Authority for the territory of Bulgaria is the Commission for Personal Data Protection - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Web-site: www.cpdp.bg; Call centre - tel. +3592/91-53-518.
7. Links to Other Sites
8. Children’s Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
10. Contact Us