Contact us via email and we'll get back to you as quick as possible.
For individual orders
We love hearing from you!
Shop by Category
The two adrenal glands in the human body are located on the top of the kidneys and despite their small weight of only several grams each they play a crucial role for our overall health. These two little things are among the body's main defenses against stress and protect us from the bad effects of every stress source, whether mental or physical. They synthesize many important hormones including cortisone and adrenaline (or epinephrine) which facilitate our responses during urgent situations.
Supplements for Healthy Adrenal Glands
It is important to pay attention to the proper functioning of the adrenal glands due to their vital role against any kind of stress. Lack of sleep, alcohol abuse, poor diet, caffeine and cigarettes may cause the enlargement of the glands in attempt to cope with the excess stress. However over a certain stress level they may burn out and shrink. As red meat is proven to burden the adrenal glands, protein intake from chicken or fish is recommended. A considerate diet also consists of enough fruits, vegetables and whole grains. There are several supplements which could further aid the glands:
• Astragalus—Stimulates the gland function and helps in stress reduction.
• Eleuthero Root—Aids the adrenal glands in the fortification of the bodily response in stressful situations. Hypertension is a contraindication for this supplement, however.
• Vitamin C with Bioflavonoids—Important nutrition for overwhelming stress and stimulating the immune system.
• L-Tyrosine—Amino acid vital for the adrenal function.
• GLA—The gamma linoleic acid is needed by the adrenals to synthesize their steroid hormones.
• Raw Adrenal—Based on the concept that “like supports like”, it maintains healthy adrenal gland function.
Five Practical Ways for Stress Reduction
1. A long stroll and an empathetic conversation with a good friend may not only ease your worries, but also improve the condition of your adrenal glands as well.
2.Yoga and similar workout types are very helpful. Deep and slow inhaling and exhaling are also advisable.
3.You may wish to take a one week pause from any media feed. This way you would spare yourself the stress, caused by the problems of others. If you resume following the news afterwards, you may wish to be more selective about it.
4.Sit back in a warm tub with pleasant scents – lavender, sweet orange or patchouli.
5.Time spent with a favorite pet on a rest day – a nap with your dog or cat.