Contact us via email and we'll get back to you as quick as possible.
For individual orders
We love hearing from you!
Shop by Category
Digestive system health
Overview of the digestive process
The digestive process starts with the secretion of saliva while swallowing food. It continues with the proteins disintegration in the stomach where food stays from 20 minutes to a few hours.The hydrochloric acid produced by the glands in the stomach along with specific protein enzymes break down the food further, after which it passes through the small intestine, where nutrients are partially absorbed.Bile from the liver and pancreatic enzymes continue the digestive process by decomposing fats and carbohydrates. Nutrients are absorbed through the intestinal wall into the bloodstream and excess food material enters the colon as waste.
Promote your digestive system health. No one is happy with upset or bloated stomach. So, what can you do to optimize your digestion? Here’s some advice:
• Drink a lot of water – before or after meal. Drinking water during meal can slow the digestion.
• Take probiotic supplements – similar to acidophilus to keep your gastrointestinal tract in good shape. Probiotics also help the enzymes with the final absorption of food.
• Take food rich in fiber, which help the movement of food through the digestive system. A whole of 25 g, if you are female and 38 g, if you are male.
• Do exercises – this accelerates the digestion, increases blood flow to all your organs and stimulates muscles in the gastrointestinal tract.
• Increase fruit and vegetables intake and try to avoid red meat. Fruit and vegetables contain enzymes which help digestion while red meat generally contains fats which are difficult to be disintegrated.